WE WELCOME YOUR DONATION
Fundraising Appeal for Community and Women's Worker
We are raising money for our "Community and Women's Worker" post. Financing the ministry of Cumbernauld Free Church is dependent upon the generous, joyful and sacrificial giving of the church family and friends.
At Cumbernauld Free Church we are in the early stages of renewal and revitalisation. With a growing population in excess of 50,000 people, Cumbernauld is the largest town in North Lanarkshire and comprises a diverse mix of social classes and different ethnic backgrounds. The church building is located in the heart of the community and the congregation has a vision to reach and engage that community with the gospel message and to disciple its people in faithful Christian living.
Community & Women’s Worker
As part of the congregation’s development plan, a clear need has been identified for a dedicated worker to build on existing connections in the community and, in particular, to engage with the large number of women connected with the congregation. The main drivers are
• The congregation is currently predominantly female in its makeup
• There is a clear need to disciple the women in the congregation and equip them for gospel service
• Current evangelistic work centres around carer and toddler groups and women’s fellowship meetings
• There is an occupational challenge inherent in a single male pastor providing one to one pastoral support to young females
• Engagement with the community at a family level involves exposure to significant social issues requiring specialist skills and training
The congregation and its leadership have identified a person who they believe has the requisite skills and experience to take this work forward. Megan is currently employed as and Alcohol & Drug Abuse Support Worker in Madras Street by the Free North congregation in Inverness but is looking to relocate to the central belt. She has an academic background in community education and development and has experience of working in a variety of roles with both Christian and secular organisations dealing with problems of addiction, homelessness and unemployment. The appointment would be for an initial period of 3 years with a total salary budget (including pension, national insurance contributions and expenses) of £25,000 per annum.
Key Objectives of the Role
• Engaging with the community around the church; making friendships and forming relationships with an intentional view of sharing the Gospel
• Identifying the needs and wants of the international community around the church and plan ways to meet these needs with a Gospel-centred approach.
• Discipling and equipping women in the congregation through structured, planned one-to-one Bible studies, intentional fellowship, and offering pastoral support.
• Helping to run 'Little Lambs', the Carer & Toddler group, as well as offering and providing care and discipleship for mothers and young adults.
• Encouraging hospitality and a sense of community, through fellowship and food both within and outwith the church.
Funding & Sustainability
Funding is intended to come from a variety of sources including
- Free Church Mission Board Development Fund (for £5,000 per annum)
- Support from individual donors (friends of CFC)
- Congregational growth leading to increased overall income
The post will be reviewed after the initial three-year appointment but, as a role designed to support growth and development, there is a prayerful expectation of increased numbers in the congregation and therefore an increase in financial givings leading to longer term sustainability.
How to give?
Click on Donate Button to give via PayPal
Pay via cheque addressed to:
"Cumbernauld Free Church of Scotland"
And mail it to us at Cumbernauld Free Church, 140 Kilbowie Road, South Carbrain, Cumbernauld, G672PY
We have currently raised approx £35k
We need to raise £75k (Total Cost)
"Click here" for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.